Well...The Stones said it best...I can't get no satisfaction. I've noticed that I could have "everything I want" right in front of me and still want something "more" or find something wrong with it. Assuming this isn't a good trait, in the same sense, I guess it could be a good thing as well. I'm talking about this in many different aspects though...like with...
Dating - I have this "list" that I like to check off when I meet a potential male friend. Honestly, I have yet to meet someone who has all the items on this list, so then I think to myself "Mandee...you're being too picky". So I take some things off of my list and try again. This makes the potential male friend more "desirable" to date. So then, if things go well and we become official and all that jazz, it normally...(sometimes sooner, sometimes later) ends. Then I think to myself "you should have been more picky" and I normally add even more things I DO NOT want in a guy on that list....and it starts all over again.
School - In case you don't know me or you're living under a rock when it comes to me...I am a non-traditional college student. At first though, I wasn't but after a year of being in college, I thought I was one of those where "college wasn't for me". So I decided to work full time...it did not take me too long to realize I wasn't happy with where I was at, but shuddered at the thought of going back to school and having to deal with math. So I decided to go to school for Esthetics. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely glad that I did because I learned so much, and it prepared me for where I'm at now. I realized though that the longer I was in it, that I didn't LOVE it or have a PASSION for it. I did however finish it, which was a personal goal of mine. To finish something that I started. Now, I am a 24 year old Sophomore in college, and even though I bitch about being old all the time. I am so glad I decided to come back and I won't stop until I cross that stage with a diploma in my hands with a middle finger up saying "I told you so!" Ok so maybe I won't do all of that at once...but you get what I'm saying. Who is to say that maybe once I get my Bachelors that I won't be satisfied with that and will decide to go on to graduate school? Time will tell.
Work - I have had countless jobs where I applied and thought "I can do that" or "I would enjoy that" and then wind up being completely wrong. Out of all the jobs I have ever had since I was 15 there really has only been ONE job I absolutely loved and one where I loved who I worked with and my customers, which made me enjoy it. I realized that with most minimum wage/low paying jobs...you're not gonna LOVE it. And that is just another reason why I decided to go back to school. *See above paragraph*
Material things - I could go on and on about things. My hair color. My hair length. The style of my hair. The vehicles I've drove. Newer cell phones. Newer apple products. Clothes. Shoes....you know...material things! Now I'm not saying that I always have to automatically replace these things when I'm not satisfied anymore...but it does cross my mind. Anddddd now I sound super spoiled.
So....am I totally ridiculous? Or do I have any other fellow females out there who can relate? Fill me in.

I'm definitely not satisfied with my life. I feel like that is what your 20s are for. Maybe even your 30s. I barely make enough money to support myself, so I can't go out and do whatever I want. Buuuuut I don't know what my dream job is. So how can I chase an invisable goal?? Its all soul searching til I find what I'm looking for
ReplyDeleteI can understand not having any satisfaction at times. But I know that it will get better. I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster award. If you want more information you can go here (http://shortsmallandinlove.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html)
ReplyDelete