Pot.
I am proud to say that I, Mandee, never have and never will smoke it. Even with Washington and Colorado to be the first states to legalize it for recreational use, I still would choose not to if Illinois did. What I hate about this though, is that when I tell people this statement, they don't believe me or are in shock that I've never done it before. Why is this such a big deal or so hard to believe?
I just do not get it...why people choose to try it or smoke it. I don't know about you...but the DARE program in 5th grade definitely worked for me when it came to talking about weed and other types of drugs. I'm not saying you're a bad person if you do it, it's just not my cup of tea. And I will admit, I will not date someone who does smoke it regularly. Now if you've tried it in the past, I won't mind but extra points to you if you're like me and haven't done it either. Don't get me wrong, I know I have some friends who did or have done it, but I know some of my closest friends have the same "beliefs" about it as I do. I don't even really like being around it...it makes me nervous and I just would rather keep myself away from it.
I realize this is a short post, but I'm sure it might cause some controversy, and I'm ok with that. I stand by my thoughts on this 110% and I always will.
So you tell me, what's your thoughts on all on pot? Are you more lenient with it or like me, not a fan?
Questions...COMMENTS...Thoughts? :)
Well you chose a very controversial subject. I do not mind to share that yes I have done it and I have done it many times. I can honestly say I'd rather be high then drunk. I felt like I had more control of myself, I did not make a fool of myself, I did not puke my guts out for having too much because you know your limit once you start. You don't get fat from all the calories like drinking (unless you "munch"). As for the DARE let's break that down. D you won't do drugs I don't consider it a drug when it's grown from the earth. Yes some people tamper with it and trays when it's a drug to me and I would never touch that. Ok now A you won't have an attitude well your mellow on pot mad drinking can make you angry, obnoxious, loud, annoying, sad, etc those affect your attitude. R is to respect yourself no one respects themself when there drunk. You wanna either fight, have sex, or make a fool of yourself. E sounds like you havnt educated yourself enough to judge especially when you praise a drinker over a pot smoker. I myself would rather be around someone high then drunk any day. I respect you not wanting to do it and that's cool but there isn't enough bad to dis it. I think the only reason it's illegal is because the government wants to have power over the people and once they realize it's more beneficial to legalize it then maybe they should make alcohol illegal because too many people abuse it. People die, get in trouble, start fights, steal, get raped, etc.... etc....
ReplyDeleteWell you chose a very controversial subject. I do not mind to share that yes I have done it and I have done it many times. I can honestly say I'd rather be high then drunk. I felt like I had more control of myself, I did not make a fool of myself, I did not puke my guts out for having too much because you know your limit once you start. You don't get fat from all the calories like drinking (unless you "munch"). As for the DARE let's break that down. D you won't do drugs I don't consider it a drug when it's grown from the earth. Yes some people tamper with it and trays when it's a drug to me and I would never touch that. Ok now A you won't have an attitude well your mellow on pot mad drinking can make you angry, obnoxious, loud, annoying, sad, etc those affect your attitude. R is to respect yourself no one respects themself when there drunk. You wanna either fight, have sex, or make a fool of yourself. E sounds like you havnt educated yourself enough to judge especially when you praise a drinker over a pot smoker. I myself would rather be around someone high then drunk any day. I respect you not wanting to do it and that's cool but there isn't enough bad to dis it. I think the only reason it's illegal is because the government wants to have power over the people and once they realize it's more beneficial to legalize it then maybe they should make alcohol illegal because too many people abuse it. People die, get in trouble, start fights, steal, get raped, etc.... etc....
ReplyDeleteThank you for your feedback but this is just my opinion. We're all entitled to our own opinion. I don't know why you brought up alcohol so much, because I didn't bring it up in this post at all? And as for alcohol causing "people to die, get in trouble, start fights, steal, get raped, etc...etc". This can all happen sober as well. My mom was a product of date rape and that guy was sober.
DeleteWe're all entitled to our own opinion miss! You are obviously very OPEN minded to it if you are friends with people whom choose to do it. Or even ones who have done it in the past.
ReplyDeleteThat was my opinion and Im entItled to mIne as well. It was just more intense then yours. I brought up alcohol because in dare we learn about alcohol as well and that was a little off subject but alcohol to me in my own opinion is a drug as well. I didn't mean to sound mean it's just a bit frustrating when people judge things they have no idea about. I'm a strong believer that you should live life to the fullest. Again my OPINION no offense needs to be taken...
ReplyDeleteThat was my opinion and Im entItled to mIne as well. It was just more intense then yours. I brought up alcohol because in dare we learn about alcohol as well and that was a little off subject but alcohol to me in my own opinion is a drug as well. I didn't mean to sound mean it's just a bit frustrating when people judge things they have no idea about. I'm a strong believer that you should live life to the fullest. Again my OPINION no offense needs to be taken...
ReplyDeleteThat was my opinion and Im entItled to mIne as well. It was just more intense then yours. I brought up alcohol because in dare we learn about alcohol as well and that was a little off subject but alcohol to me in my own opinion is a drug as well. I didn't mean to sound mean it's just a bit frustrating when people judge things they have no idea about. I'm a strong believer that you should live life to the fullest. Again my OPINION no offense needs to be taken...
ReplyDeleteRight there with you Mandee! :) I was even in charge of that damn DARE lion loll!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a controversial topic, but like you I haven't touched it and don't want too. I have seen some negative effects of pot (which I'd rather not get into) and therefore I don't like it, but it doesn't mean that I'm going to shun everyone who does it. People have the right to make up their own minds.
ReplyDelete