Sunday, December 2, 2012

The "Loud One".

Pretty much since Junior High on, I've always been known as "the loud one". Doesn't really matter if I've been drinking or not...the way I talk, laugh, sing...whatever....I'm loud. Not only am I "loud" but I've been told that I'm "one of the guys" quite often because of my sense of humor, cursing like a sailor, being fluent in sarcasm, being mouthy or talking back and because well....I can be quite the pervert. Being "one of the guys" can also make you "friend zoned". Not only have I been told this, but I've also been told this is why I'm not approachable. Which is fine...I guess, because if my personality is "unapproachable" to you then well...I don't really want to associate with you because you can't handle me! :) And as I mentioned in my last post (about Thought Catalog), I always find articles I can relate to. Well low and behold...there is a girl who wrote about the "loud girl". Basically Chelsea Fagan mentions in this article that if you act like this "in order to find love or acceptance, part of you will have to be muted -- or at least strongly dulled." Why is that? What is so wrong with completely being yourself? Laughing so hard at something you occasionally snort? Or snickering because a word you heard made you think of something else other than what it was actually intended for. I can guarantee you that if I was considered more "hot" with my looks than "the girl next door", this would be more socially acceptable with the male population. I may not look like a celebrity but I can guarantee you, I'm a good person. All I really want is to make people laugh and happy. :) With that all being said...I would like to end on this note.


I am THAT "loud girl".

Take it.  Or leave it.

Your loss, not mine.



Questions...COMMENTS...Thoughts? :)

4 comments:

  1. I think it's just your voice. :P you can't help that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you're cute AND funny! Any guy would be lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be nothing but yourself Mandee! There is no one better at being yourself than you. :) The right person will love you for you. They will love your laugh, your "loudness", your humor, and your looks! You are beautiful! Don't let anyone ever tell you you're not and you honestly have one of the best personalities ever. You're someone that I always have fun with and you can always make me laugh. I think that's something special because not everyone can do that! I'm kind of the opposite of you..I'm the "quiet" one lol! I'm shy when first meeting people, and I hold my thoughts in a lot. I look up to you for being so "loud" and speaking your thoughts and feelings. Love you! Don't ever change!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You loud... Pssh.. :-) Think that we all get loud. Just some more than others. Honestly if no one likes your loudness then oh well. Their loss. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Questions...COMMENTS...thoughts? :)