Here is my thoughts on this...(you're more than welcome to disagree with me on this if you'd like).
FIRST OFF - Instead of making yourself SEEM like a good person on your Facebook profile, why don't you...I don't know...LET THESE PEOPLE KNOW PERSONALLY that you're thankful for them? Why don't you tell them over the phone or in person? I realize that Facebook helps connect with people you don't see every day, which I am very glad for, but I just think you should personally tell them. As much as I hate this saying...you do....only live once...so you should always let the people you know that you love and cherish them and let them know how you truly feel because you never know what can happen tomorrow.
Second - I understand that you give thanks because it's Thanksgiving...but why is it only one month out of the year you feel you should bring this up? I don't know about you, but whenever I have a thought cross my mind of...I don't know...lets say a great memory with a friend, or I see something that reminds me of them and I haven't seen them in a while, I at least try to take a picture or send them some sort of message to basically say "Hey, I thought of this, it reminded me of you, I miss you, hope all is well." I know whenever this happens to me it usually puts a huge smile on my face or I immediately start busting up laughing. And if this happens to me, then I would like to at least give someone else that "feeling" as well. :)
Third...well....I don't think I have a third off the top of my head. So can this be a "think about it" section.
Again, I just want to say, I am by no means, "bashing" any one who posts these types of status updates, I just think...that maybe you should make it a little more "heart felt" and "personal" instead.
Besides...I'd rather know about your daily activities, constant nagging, how bad your kids are, or how someone treated you like shit. ;)
ANYWHO...Happy Thanksgiving. :)
Questions...COMMENTS...thoughts? :)
I completely and totally agree! I seriously skip over the "Day 1: I'm thankful for...blah, blah, blah." I understand it's great to be thankful for people and things in your life, but I agree that it should be on a more personal, heart-felt level.
ReplyDeleteFunniest, most outright stated blog entry yet. It is so true and I can't help but feel for people that those 'thankful' statuses might be hurting. Someone might not have perfect parents, kids, car, spouse, etc., etc. and it is 30 days of rubbing it in. For others it's great... But consider both sides and our poor eyes that have to endure the "30 days of thankfulness". Heheeee
ReplyDeleteI agree we should be thankful 365 days a year and stop crying about how "my life sucks" when there is more to be thankful for then complain on facebook. FIX IT! get off your ass and change or make it better. Can't be a child forever, especially when you have one or more!
ReplyDelete