Monday, November 12, 2012

Soundtrack to your life.

You ever just hear a song and it just completely fits your life at that exact point in time?  Like you've always just enjoyed this song but now it has a particular meaning to it.  So you read the lyrics...listen to it a little more often than you used to, and it makes you think?  Well maybe....maybe not.  But I have to say that "Why Georgia" by John Mayer is that particular song for me right now.  This is just yet another reason why I love music so much, because there are many times, where I don't know exactly what to say, or how to word it, but music does so much for expressing yourself and others.  I truly love music and all the emotions it can make me feel, whether it be happy, sad, upset, or excitement.  So tonight, I leave you with the lyrics to this song that I feel fits me right now...and a youtube video for your listening pleasure.  I hope you enjoy it. :)



"Why Georgia" - John Mayer


I am driving up 85 in the

Kind of morning that lasts all afternoon
Just stuck inside the gloom
4 more exits to my apartment but
I am tempted to keep the car in drive
And leave it all behind



Cause I wonder sometimes
About the outcome
Of a still verdictless life



[Chorus]
Am I living it right? 
Am I living it right? 
Am I living it right? 
Why, why Georgia, why?



I rent a room and I fill the spaces with
Wood in places to make it feel like home
But all I feel's alone
It might be a quarter life crisis
Or just the stirring in my soul



Either way I wonder sometimes
About the outcome
Of a still verdictless life



[Chorus]


Am I living it right? 

Am I living it right? 
Am I living it right? 
Why, why Georgia, why?



So what, so I've got a smile on
But it's hiding the quiet superstitions in my head
Don't believe me
Don't believe me
When I say I've got it down



Everybody is just a stranger but
That's the danger in going my own way
I guess it's the price I have to pay
Still "everything happens for a reason"
Is no reason not to ask myself 



[Chorus]
Am I living it right? 
Am I living it right? 
Am I living it right? 
Why, why Georgia, why?






Questions...COMMENTS...thoughts? :)

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same! Music can motivate me or when I am writing in my journal, the music is flowing into my ears through my headphones and its like my hand just writes without me even having to think.....

    ReplyDelete

Questions...COMMENTS...thoughts? :)