Monday, November 26, 2012

Holidays!

Well now that Thanksgiving is over, I can fully be excited for Christmas!  But I've decided to write about all the holidays, not just Christmas.  So of course, I'm going to go in chronological order, and color code each one.  Mainly for my own personal pleasure. :)  I'm not going to go into holidays, such as MLK Day or any of the President's Birthdays, but the ones that you normally go out and celebrate for or buy cards for.

New Years Day - Normally is more of a relaxing day inside for me since I am hung over from New Years Eve.  I mean....honestly, I would like to know who actually does something fun on the actual New Years Day...and if you do, what exactly....DO you do? Lol.  It is nice to usually have the day off of work or school though. :)

Valentine's Day - Good lord, this holiday can either be one of the most enjoyable days....or one of the most depressing.  Obviously this depends on your relationship status at that point in time.  I miss how it was in freaking grade school, where you brought in your own hand made box to put in all your received Valentine's from, and then you brought all your Valentine's you filled out for your classmates. And you KNOW when you filled out those Valentine's you always made sure that your friends and your crush got the BEST ones in the box from you.  I sure wish I could remember some of the ones I used to buy.  Maybe this year I'll bring out my inner kid and look for Justin Bieber Valentine's and send them out...and make sure that my friends and my crush get the best ones.  Valentine's day wasn't so bad in High School either.  Now, I don't know what it was like for you, but towards the end of the day, they would announce over the intercom, who all had received something for Valentine's Day and to come pick it up at the Cafeteria.  Honestly, it would've been much faster to just announce all the people who didn't get anything, but that wouldn't be socially acceptable now would it?  And it'd be just plain mean, but you can't deny it would've gone a lot faster!  Valentine's Day....now?  Ehh....I'm pretty indecisive about it all.  Ultimately, being a romantic that I am, I do like the idea of it, but I hate how much of a smack in the face it is to remind me that I'm single.  I personally, hate getting flowers from my significant other, when I do have one on Valentine's day just because I feel like, getting flowers on a random day as a surprise has MUCH more meaning to it.  But I'm all about cards, and getting/giving gifts.  The one pro about being single on Valentine's day?  Saving MONEY! :)

St. Patrick's Day - Not gonna lie, this has become more of a favorite of mine since I've turned 21.  Now don't get me wrong, I still enjoy celebrating it, wearing green and seeing if anyone doesn't so I can (yes, I'm that person) pinch them.  Back when I was younger, my Grandma would always come in and talk about St. Patrick's Day and such to whoever was in my class at that point in time and she would always make Corned Beef and Cabbage.  I loved it....well not so much the cabbage but I love Corned Beef.  I also loved that she would always come in and talk about it. :)  Then the older I got, the less fun it became because then she wasn't allowed to bring in food anymore.  But now since I am of legal drinking age, I find it to be much fun to celebrate.  Plus, it is more socially acceptable for me to listen to my Flogging Molly and Drop Kick Murphy's and not be judged. :)

Easter - To be honest, and I'm probably going to hell for this, but this is probably one of my least favorite Holiday's.  I don't know why either really!  I don't know if it's because the weather around this time is always shitty or what, or I never had any real FUN traditions for Easter growing up...but....I'm not a fan.  However, I do enjoy Easter much more than Thanksgiving....which I will get to later on. :)

April Fool's Day - I'd personally like to punch you if you enjoy this "Holiday".  This is a day where I'd rather just stay inside all day.  And if you're wondering....yes, I'm gullible.

Mother's Day/Father's Day - Just another day for my family to get together and argue the whole time.  Oh, what fun!

4th of July - Yet another Holiday I started enjoying more once I became the legal age for drinking.  However, I always enjoy watching fireworks no matter how old I am.  If I were to hash tag in my blogs, I would use one and say "easily amused". :)

My BIRTHDAY (JULY 7TH) - THE BEST HOLIDAY IN THE WORLD!!!  Call me biased...but I mean....it is. :)  My Birthweek is nothing but festivities and is fun for all! :)

Then there is this long break of no fun for anyone at all..........

Halloween - I LOVE Halloween!  Every part about it, the movies, dressing up, trick or treating, haunted houses, the music.  It all is just so much fun and I believe it brings out the kid in everyone.  Basically once my Birthday is over with, I immediately start pondering what my Halloween costume will be and what I will end up doing that night/weekend before.  And yes, if I do have kids, I will be that parent who dresses up with my kids as well until they're old enough to be embarrassed by it. :)

Thanksgiving - If you refer to my last blog post [30 Days of Thankful Facebook Challenge] you will find most of my thoughts about Thanksgiving.  Maybe it's because my family is so small and we never do anything fun or exciting but I just don't enjoy Thanksgiving at all.  The food is the only bonus and that is it.  Besides, once Halloween is over with I can barely contain my excitement for....

Last, but not least....

CHRISTMAS (<-- That took entirely too long) - Christmas is by far one of the best Holiday's ever, in my opinion.  Like Halloween, I love the movies, dressing up, and the music.  I enjoy sending out Christmas cards to all of my family and friends.  I get so excited to see people's houses that resemble Clark Griswold's during this time of year.  I could seriously rock out to the CLASSIC Christmas songs all day, every day regardless of the time of year it is.  People are usually in such great spirits as well!  Christmas puts me in one of the best moods ever and I swear I go into a deep depression once it has ended.  But then I realize that New Years Eve is coming up and I get happy to have the chance to celebrate all of these Holidays, all over again.

So...you tell me...what are your favorite holiday's and why?  Do you have any traditions you do for any particular one that makes you super excited to celebrate?


Questions...COMMENTS...thoughts? :)

[Please refer to the YouTube videos I will post for your viewing pleasure at the end of this] 










3 comments:

  1. Haha you crack me up! I agree, Christmas is my favorite holiday...but July 7th is pretty awesome too! We got engaged on July 7th, 2010! :) I hope you have a fun Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a damn good holiday! And it is such an easy day to remember!

      Delete
  2. Thank god you didn't put cinco de mayo... But as a Mexican, September 16 (Mexicos Independence Day) is soooo fun. I could see you enjoying it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Questions...COMMENTS...thoughts? :)