Sunday, November 11, 2012

A certain timeline.

So today, I was on Facebook chat talking to a classmate/OLD friend of mine that I haven't talked to in probably well over a year.  We were just catching up and trading stories of what we knew about our other classmates, like if they were married or having kids and such.  She had mentioned how (I'm pretty sure) there are less girls in our class without kids than with.  And at first, this completely boggled my mind!  I used to think that I wanted to have my first child at the age of 23 because that's when my mom had me and I thought it was the "perfect" age difference.  Well...I'm 24 and single and even if I was in a long term relationship, I don't think I could have a kid right now!  I just feel like society has this "timeline" you're supposed to follow.  Like graduating high school, and going to college right afterwards and knowing what you're supposed to major in, usually meeting some love interest while in college, graduate college then either get a job or go to graduate school, get married, have kids...grandkids...and so on and so forth.  Well my "timeline" hardly follows what "society" thinks I should do.  I'm a Freshmen at the age of 24.  Single.  No actual degree (YET!) Not dating anyone.  No kids.  I'm not sure if what I'm doing is right and honestly, I'm quite alright with that.  And if you're not, well I don't live my life for you.  And obviously, if you're not alright with it, we're probably not close.  Because I know the people who truly love me, support me no matter what happens in my life. :)


So....Better late, than never, right? :)

Questions...COMMENTS...thoughts? :)

5 comments:

  1. I feel ya. I'm 27, single (but recently spoken for), no kids, no college degree, slowly working on my future and future career. I'm glad I'm not the only one out there that follows society's timeline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I TOTALLY agree. I have always said 23-24, I wanna have kids.. but at 22, I seriously wonder how people do it. Stay at home mom's.... Okay. But parents that work full time, try to go to school..... wow! My puppy is so much work.... definitely enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad honestly because thats whats wrong with kids these days. Kids raising kids = no respect. Get a puppy before you want a child. There not something you can take to the pound or drop off in the country when your bored with it ( not that I support that either ). Raising a child to be your future is hard work so be sure know what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sad honestly because thats whats wrong with kids these days. Kids raising kids = no respect. Get a puppy before you want a child. There not something you can take to the pound or drop off in the country when your bored with it ( not that I support that either ). Raising a child to be your future is hard work so be sure know what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tell the boys that they need to be 30 or through graduate school before they can even think about marriage or kids. Life can be too hard on it's own, let alone with a significant other and kids.

    ReplyDelete

Questions...COMMENTS...thoughts? :)