Monday, November 19, 2012

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

Well, it's official.  I am in the holiday spirit!!!! :D  I have four out of the seven boxes of cards completed...I'm listening to my favorite CLASSIC Christmas music (which I have decided at the end of this blog, I will post a a link to spotify of my personal favorites for your listening pleasure if you'd like)...I put Harlow in a little Christmas outfit (which lasted about 2.2 seconds) and I'm ready to start decorating. :)

I absolutely LOVE sending out Christmas cards...my list is kind of big but I consider that a good thing that I have that many people in my life that have touched me somehow in my life, that I feel I need to wish a Happy Holiday to.  Plus, it's always nice to get mail that isn't bills. :)  Some of my cards are going to different states, such as, Indiana, Iowa, Washington, California, Texas, Ohio, New York, and Missouri and I think that is just totally awesome. :)

Poor Thanksgiving, I really did try to give you a chance again this year but...it didn't work. :/

Incase you live on a different planet, I am single yet again during Christmas, and I will have to admit it's a bittersweet thing.  One of the biggest PROS of this is that I save OH SO MUCH money being single.  However, I do miss the companionship, especially during this time of year...BUT HOPEFULLY...someday...I'll have someone to share that with for many years to come, later on in life. :)

Being in such a small family, I really don't have a lot of "traditions" that I do.  About the only one I can think of, is being allowed to open one gift on Christmas Eve. :)  When I was younger, we used to visit more relatives, but people either moved, or passed away, and those kind of died off.

So my questions to YOU are....What are some of YOUR traditions you do during the Holiday season?  Do you listen to certain music?  Watch the same movies over and over again?  Play any certain games?  A certain type of food you just HAVE to eat?  Fill me in!  I would love to know! :)



Harlow. :)


Questions...COMMENTS...thoughts? :)

2 comments:

  1. I love Christmas! It's hard not to skip over Thanksgiving sometimes, especially with all of the stores playing Christmas music and having Christmas items out for sale. Some of my family's traditions are basically just going to one Grandma's on Christmas Eve and the other Grandma's on Christmas Day (we flip flop who has what day each year.) It's always fun to see all of the family together. We usually eat first since everyone is always hungry for the special Christmas food, then open presents (eating first bribes the kids that they have to eat all of their food in order to start opening presents), and then we chat and play board games. Usually there is no TV on, which I love, because it gives us more quality family time, and Grandma always has Christmas music playing softly in the background. I hope you have a great Christmas Mandee! Oh, and I know where the Christmas card in Texas is going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I ever said how much I love you? Well, I do.

    ReplyDelete

Questions...COMMENTS...thoughts? :)